The Achdus Club books deal with important social issues and values, including friendship, bullying, the importance of helping others and being respectful. Each book in the series can be used as a classroom read-along or for guided reading, allowing for detailed discussions on what is the nature of friendship and how can you help others.
Questions for Trouble Ahead readers:
1. Look at the cover of the book, what do you think this story is about?
2. What are your impressions of Ruthie as you start the story?
3. Do you think Hili will be able to forgive Ruthie for what she did?
1. Did your impression of Ruthie change?
2. Have you ever been to visit someone who is elderly or someone in the hospital? What was that like?
3. Do you think you would have the courage to do what Ruthie did to save Mrs. Golding?
4. Write about a situation where you had to face your fears to do something you knew was right.
LOOKING FOR A GREAT WAY TO BUILD “ACHDUS” UNITY IN YOUR OWN CLASSROOM?
WANT TO HAVE FAYGIE SPEAK TO YOUR STUDENTS ABOUT THE WRITING PROCESS AND TEACH THEM HOW TO CREATE STORIES OF THEIR OWN?
SCHOOLS FAYGIE HAS SPOKEN AT:
Torah Academy of Greater Philadelphia (in-person and Skype programs)
Chabad Preschool of Teaneck
Chabad Cheder of Morristown
Golda Ochs Academy